Cardiac CT Calcium Score
Knowing your score could save your life!
A Cardiac CT Calcium Score exam is a non-invasive way to evaluate the amount of hard (calcifeid) plaque in your heart vessels. Results of this test can help determine if you are at risk for a heart attack or stroke.
- Scan takes less than 10 minutes, is painless and does not require IV or oral contrast
- Online scheduling and exam reports available
- $75 fee if not covered by insurance
Recommended for men over age 45 and women over age 50 with risk factors of:
- Family history of heart disease
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Tobacco Use
Also recommended for:
- Men over age 55 and women over age 60 without known risk factors
- Men and women considering use of cholesterol-lowering medication (statin)